[tex-eplain] TeX--XeT

Laurence.Finston at gmx.net Laurence.Finston at gmx.net
Mon Oct 16 14:08:27 CEST 2023

You can use \begingroup and \endgroup instead of brackets.  I don't remember off-hand if there's an \everyverbatim.  You could write a wrapper for \verbatim using \bgroup and one for \endverbatim with \egroup.  This is an advanced topic.  Knuth addresses the issue of verbatim typesetting in _The TeXbook_.  It might just be easiest to use \begingroup and \endgroup and change \parskip everytime you use \verbatim.