[tex-eplain] TeX--XeT

Laurence.Finston at gmx.net Laurence.Finston at gmx.net
Thu Oct 12 22:17:01 CEST 2023

> IMPRESSIVE!!!

Thanks.

> Are you refering to LTR/RTL *directionality*? When languages are typeset RTL, the characters aren't flipped, the text just *runs* RTL ...
> ... Like "sugafulaffunS" instead of "Snuffalufagus". ("Suga fulla funs" ... Snuffalufagus is about to get diabetes!)

No.  If you rotated the characters by 90° clockwise or counterclockwise and turn a row sidewise to turn it into a column, it will either go up or down, and if you rotate it in the other, it will go the other way.  So, one way, you would have to typeset it rtl and the other ltr.  I haven't tried to visualize exactly what will happen, but in my experience, this sort of thing often doesn't work the way one expects and requires some experimentation.