[tex-eplain] Can't use nor define my own "newlinechar"

Laurence.Finston at gmx.net Laurence.Finston at gmx.net
Thu Oct 12 20:39:53 CEST 2023

> I also loaded epsf and colordvi because they are loaded in a file in Laurence Finston's GNU 3DLDF (glyph_test.tex), and he's
> able to define it himself.

The other TeX files in the list on the webpage would be more relevant.  They use the toc feature from eplain.  In glyph_test.tex, I measured ruled boxes for some reason.  I can't remember exactly why I needed this information, I would have to review it.  If you look further below in the file, you'll see commented-out lines with measurements.  They are the output produced by \message and you can see where the newlines were inserted.

I don't think this is something you will be needing anytime soon.