[tex-eplain] Does xeplain.tex still exist?

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Thu Jun 25 03:40:40 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 17:22 (-0500), Karl Berry wrote:

> Hi Jim,

>> whether it just hasn't kept up with changes, or whether a newer
>> version of ifpdf.sty breaks something in eplain.

> Just hasn't kept up, next release will be up to date again.

Thanks

>> Even if the TL people
> FYI, TL people = me (in this regard, anyway).
>> don't want to include xeplain.tex,

> It's not that I don't want to include it.  In fact, it *is* included.
> In the zip file.  That was the simplest thing to do, as I explained in
> my last message.

Yes, I'm sorry that I didn't see that Way Back When.  Perhaps I have
become a bit over-dependent on the "locate" command... when
	locate xeplain.tex
returned nothing, I didn't spend the requisite time searching around
in the eplain tree.  (Admittedly, I might have noticed a tar file, but
the zip file didn't register on my radar.  My bad.)

> Now that we have exchanged so many emails about it: Oleg, how about
> distributing source/eplain/xeplain.tex outside of
> source/eplain/eplain-*.zip?  Seems like it should be easy enough to
> arrange.  It is probably the only source file that is likely to be worth
> separating out.  (Plus a README explaining the situation.)

Thanks to all for the responses.

				Jim