[tex-eplain] Problems hyperlinking two pdf files

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:17:37 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 04:40:45PM +0000, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Clicking in test2.pdf drives you at the beginning of test.pdf, whereas the link
> points to page 3.
>
> What am I missing?

It seems that your viewer does not find the destination in test.pdf.

Lots of things could go wrong, but it's hard to say what exactly --
you don't tell us what you compile the files with, if there are any
warnings during compilation, and what you are viewing the PDF with.
So I've tried doing it several ways.

When I compile the files with tex -> dvips -z -> ps2pdf (which uses
the hypertex driver), everything works (viewing in xpdf).  For some
reason dvipdfmx seems to produce a wrong interfile link when using the
hypertex driver, but it's better to use the dvipdfm driver with
dvipdfmx anyway.  And when I use pdftex, everything works after I
remove "\hlopts{ext=.pdf}" and add the extension to the file name in
\hlstart.

Maybe we can be of more help if you provide additional information.

Best,
Oleg