[tex-eplain] hypertext, dvips, ps2pdf

John Frampton j.frampton at neu.edu
Mon Sep 8 22:43:04 CEST 2008

Since I am a heavy PSTricks user, my normal way of constructing pdf files is to
use dvips followed by ps2pdf.  I have been only partially successful in using
the eplain hypertext facilities.  If I go through this 3 step procedure (eplain,
dvips, ps2pdf) with the following, it makes a clickible (clickable?) link, but
clicking results in three instances of Firefox started, two with the desired
file and one with my standard startup (Google) screen.

\input eplain
\beginpackages
\usepackage{url}
\endpackages
\enablehyperlinks[hypertex]
\url{http://www.math.neu.edu/undergrad/mthu130}
\bye

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
John Frampton