[tex-eplain] URL links and Acroread 8.1.1 (Linux Slackware)

Oleg Katsitadze olegkat at gmail.com
Wed May 7 05:40:48 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 11:15:09AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> I noticed references to using the hyperref
> package in the Eplain Manual.

Actually, these are references to _not_ using hyperref -- Eplains docs
explicitly state that hyperref is not supported (it's just too tightly
integrated with LaTeX).

> Will switching to the hyperref package eliminate the boxes?

Eplain contains its own hyperlink macros, which can be customized to
(not) use the various hyperlink effects, including borders.  Among the
macros is a less featureful version of hyperref's \href.

Best,
Oleg