[tex-eplain] Eplain 3.1

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 6 00:36:07 CET 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 16:40, Oleg Katsitadze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've put together the new release of Eplain 3.1.  It's not yet fully
> mirrored by CTAN, but you can always get it from the Eplain home page:

Tried it out with Context. Eplain does some things more elegantly than
Context. Same old bug appears:
(./eplain.tex
! No room for a new \count .
\ch at ck ...\else \errmessage {No room for a new #3}
                                                   \fi
\newinsert ...nt by\m at ne \ch at ck 0\insc at unt \count
                                                  \ch at ck 1\insc at unt \dimen
\...
l.2128 \newinsert\@indexproof
Last time I looked there was a line that handled an end of page marker
<ctl>L
that was the culprit. But I think I have a different problem now.

Since new versions are tested with LaTeX would it hurt to test them with
cntext also?

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting