[tex-eplain] Eplain 3.0 announcement

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Fri Sep 23 10:26:46 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 04:56:03PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Why?  Do you mean typesetting can depend on a platform, or a
>     software version?  Would not this be a bug?

I thought that someone might have another default paper size...

> The precompiled index files (and the aux and toc etc.) are portable and
> platform-independent and should be fine to distribute.

You are right, and I was wrong.  Distributing aux files is probably
a good idea.

> I think that (or doing nothing) would be far better than including the
> huge dvi+pdf in the distribution, especially when they are on the web ...

Sure, sorry.

>     Has anybody else missed any messages lately?

Gerard has mailed me privately.  I answered to the list, hoping that he
will forgive me.  The question was clear from the part I quoted in my mail.
It didn't come to my mind that it could confuse other readers.

I apologize, Oleg.

Have a nice day,
	Stepan