[tex-eplain] pdf-based presentations with eplain?

Oleg Katsitadze geolsoft at mail.ru
Fri Oct 7 14:30:35 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 07:15:21PM -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> The latest entry along these lines is the powerdot package

As a matter of fact, powerdot is also a class.  I've checked
the list on

  http://www.miwie.org/presentations/presentations.html

(I don't pretend I've tried them all) and it seems they are
all either classes or packages which redefine settings of
some other classes, both presentation-related (like foiltex)
and standard LaTeX classes (like article).  And that
actually makes sense -- presentation packages modify page
layout, and why would they not want to use the existing
LaTeX infrastructure for that?  Unfortunately for us, this
means that to use them with Eplain, we would probably need
to practically write our own LaTeX.

So I guess we are out of luck here :(.

--
Best regards,