[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 21 18:33:40 CEST 2005

    dvips will be added, which one is to be the `fall-back' driver?

Can one get live hyperlinks in a pdf made via dvips|ps2pdf?  I have
never been clear about this.  If so, dvips should be the default.
Otherwise, I guess dvipdfm[x] is the only option for dvi output.

    Imagine we do fall back on dvipdfm driver but instead of using
    dvipdfm, user will use some other .dvi converter which also issues
    warnings on unknown specials.  Won't it be annoying to have these
    warnings?

I don't think so; instead, it will be informative, telling the user that
they should specify a different driver, since our guessed default was wrong.

For this reason, I think nolinks is useful.  If a user has to use some
unsupported-by-us driver xyz which generates the warnings, it would
provide a way to turn the warnings off.

Thanks much,