[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Thu Jul 21 15:57:26 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 03:23:36PM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> If pdfoutput, pdftex driver is used, otherwise dvipdfm driver.
> There is no need for the nolinks driver.
>
> dvipdfm only adds a few specials, right?  So there is no problem if
> we are not able to switch it off.
>
> Does this sound right?   Oleg, are you willing to implement this?

No problem whatsoever, I will implement whatever is agreed
upon.

The thing is, this might not be a problem now, but if
another driver which uses specials, e.g., dvips will be
added, which one is to be the `fall-back' driver?  Maybe it
should be the wider used one.

Another thing, when dvipdfm encounters an unknown special it
prints a warning message.  Imagine we do fall back on
dvipdfm driver but instead of using dvipdfm, user will use
some other .dvi converter which also issues warnings on
unknown specials.  Won't it be annoying to have these
warnings?

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze