[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Wed Jul 20 10:30:37 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 12:58:55AM +0200, Hartmut Henkel wrote:
> it seems that the check for PDF mode is not complete, as it does not
> check if \pdfoutput=1. Shouldn't this be tested too, like in the
> following code, copied from Heiko's ifpdf.sty file?
>
> % Implementing the switch:
> \newif\ifpdf
> \ifx\pdfoutput\undefined
> \else
>   \ifx\pdfoutput\relax
>   \else
>     \ifcase\pdfoutput
>     \else
>       \pdftrue
>     \fi
>   \fi
> \fi
> %

This is indeed a more complete check for pdftex / pdf
output, and I did something similar at first.  The reason I
did not leave it this way was because when \pdfoutput=0, I
would first print a warning, and then later pdftex would
issue its own error message at the first instance of
\pdfstartlink / \pdfdest; my warning seemed excessive to me.

Or maybe I was wrong?  The user might not even know what
\pdfstartlink / \pdfdest is.  Maybe it is better to print a
more user-friendly warning before pdftex bails out with its
own (possibly confusing for the user) error message?  If
this seems more appropriate I can send the updated patch (or
maybe Karl could make the change himself, to avoid extra
traffic on the list).

Thanks for watching out for my boo-boos.  There should be
some :)

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze