[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in Eplain

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Wed Jul 20 10:54:21 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 11:30:37AM +0300, geolsoft at mail.ru wrote:
> This is indeed a more complete check for pdftex / pdf
> output, and I did something similar at first.  The reason I
> did not leave it this way was because when \pdfoutput=0, I
> would first print a warning, and then later pdftex would
> issue its own error message at the first instance of
> \pdfstartlink / \pdfdest; my warning seemed excessive to me.
>
> Or maybe I was wrong?  The user might not even know what
> \pdfstartlink / \pdfdest is.  Maybe it is better to print a
> more user-friendly warning before pdftex bails out with its
> own (possibly confusing for the user) error message?

yes, I think your warning is better, it clearly says what's
going on.

Perhaps you should not only warn the user, but also fall back to
\hldriver at nolinks.  (Of course this means you may not free the memory
occupied by \hldriver at nolinks, but it doesn't matter.)

And than it would be important that with \pdfoutput=0 you'd also fall
back to nolinks.

Just a quick idea,
	Stepan Kasal