[tex-eplain] Incorporating url.sty

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Wed Aug 24 20:54:14 CEST 2005

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 06:58:37AM +0200, Stepan Kasal wrote:
> It'll be also good if the syntax of \usepackage is the same as in LaTeX.

Sure.

I've checked for the possibility to use xcolor.sty in plain
TeX, and I seem to have managed this, at least for pdftex
and dvips drivers (see the attached test file).  But it
required so many hacks, including that doggone outer \+,
that I doubt we would want to use it:  the user might have a
newer / older version of xcolor.sty, for which our hacks
happen to be insufficient.

Maybe I should mail this test file to the author of
xcolor.tex and see if he would want to maintain a kind of
xcolor loader for plain TeX + miniltx, or to change xcolor
to work with miniltx.sty.  Maybe in some future release
xcolor becomes as easily usable under plain TeX as
color.sty.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze