[tex-eplain] Incorporating url.sty

Stepan Kasal kasal at ucw.cz
Wed Aug 24 06:58:37 CEST 2005

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 08:20:02PM +0300, geolsoft at mail.ru wrote:
> So the only drawback is that if we want to handle options,
> we would not be able to incorporate that package in
> eplain.tex and would have to load whatever is available on
> the system.  This is actually what we want for color/xcolor,
> but would this be fine for url.sty?

Daniel has convinced me that if we want to have package options,
implementing \usepackage is the way to go.

If it will be necessary to preload url.sty, we can invent some
hacks: \usepackage can do something special, if package name is
"url".

It'll be also good if the syntax of \usepackage is the same as in LaTeX.

Have a nice day,
	Stepan