[tex-eplain] Incorporating url.sty

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Mon Aug 22 22:06:03 CEST 2005

I've been trying to incorporate url.sty into Eplain.  It
works OK with the exception of one thing.  In two places
url.sty contains \+ as a parameter to a macro (\do), and,
what's more, it is inside the definition of another macro
(\Url at ttdo and \Url at do).  In plain TeX, \+ is an outer
macro, so such uses are not allowed.

The straightforward solution is to use sed to replace all
instances of `\do\+' in url.sty with `\do+' before
incorporating it into eplain.tex.  It works but I have the
feeling that I am missing a better solution.  Does anyone
have any ideas?

Another question.  url.sty has several very useful options
(hyphens, obeyspaces, spaces, T1), but of course, they
cannot be set the usual LaTeX way.  I think we could define
a macro, say, \seturloptions{}, which would take a comma
separated list of these options and set them accordingly.
Any better ideas?

Thanks in advance for any tip.

--
Best regards,