[tex-eplain] Hyperlinks in index, take two

geolsoft at mail.ru geolsoft at mail.ru
Mon Aug 8 16:52:39 CEST 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 09:06:22AM -0500, Dan Luecking wrote:
> I don't think Heiko's method is any different than the ideas already
> discussed here.

Yes, it seems so from the description you were so kind to
provide.

> So it is not a problem but a feature, that
> makeindex will see two index commands on the same page as different.

With a warning about inconsistent encapsulators, I believe?
I don't think there is a way to prevent the warnings in this
case, I don't see makeindex has any parameter for this.

Anyway, so we cannot do much more than we've done.  I think
both of the methods should remain, and user would select one
of them in an optional parameter to \enablehyperlinks (see
my first message in this thread).  Am I right?

To Dan Luecking:  thank you so much for doing this work, you
saved me lots of time and headache.  I don't think I would
even be able to understand the Heiko's code at all.

--
Best regards,
Oleg Katsitadze