[tex-eplain] multiple bibliographies

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Feb 6 09:43:40 CET 2003

    A more general question: how could I include a bibliography at the end
    of each chapter?

Well, it's been some years, but here's what my memory can dredge up on
the topic:

Due to the nature of bibtex, you have to generate a .aux file for every
"unit" that you want to run bibtex on.  Then you can use (and reset)
\bblfilebasename to read the resulting .bbl file.

I generally did this by running the chapter separately, purely to
generate the .aux file:

tex chapter2     -> generate chapter2.aux
bibtex chapter2  -> generate chapter2.bbl
tex book         -> read chapter2.bbl, generate book.aux
tex book         -> read *.bbl

Hope this helps.  Let us know if you're still stuck.

karl