[tug-summer-of-code] TeX-related projects from other organisations

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Mon Feb 16 22:17:42 CET 2009

	Hello Jonathan,

> There are other GSOC organisations that have TeX-related projects.

  I remember there were, in 2008, and I'm willing to communicate with
the organisations involved and to exchange ideas, but I'd say this is a
bit too early to identify them.  Of all the non-TUG-related projects you
list in your blog entry, only the Abiword project is specifically
related to TeX, and I'm in doubt whether this means they will have a
similar project this year.  I will be attentive to what happens of
course, but it seems premature to look for them now (I couldn't find
anything relating to GSoC 2009 on the Abiword wiki, for example).  Let's
wait until the accepted organizations are announced, so that we can
browse their ideas page.

	Arthur