[tug-summer-of-code] Better Unicode compliance(Soc idea)

sreyas k k.sreyas at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 04:50:50 CET 2008

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:30 PM, Arthur Reutenauer <
arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org> wrote:

>        Hello,
>
>  Do you wish to contribute as a student or a mentor?  Your message
> didn't make it very clear.  If you're a student, you should apply for
> that project on the GSoC site (registration starts next Monday).  If you
> want to be a mentor, you should know that there is already a potential
> mentor for that project, but advice is always welcome, obviously.
>
>  Note, however, that the project as it is stated doesn't focus on
> rendering issues, even if it's of course related.  The latest TeX
> engines are already very good at rendering complex scripts (I suppose
> you don't know XeTeX?  http://scripts.sil.org/xetex)

I was hoping to  contribute as a student  and planning to apply to this
idea. I have use Latex but havent used XeTex yet. I think that better
unicode compliance will take care of indic languages too. But if the latest
engines take care of complex scripts, where does the problem lie? I will
check Xetex too. Thank you for helping out.

Regards,
Sreyas