[pstricks] Support question

Wallace, Patrick (STFC,RAL,RALSP) patrick.wallace at stfc.ac.uk
Sat Mar 27 18:55:47 CET 2021

I am becoming confused.

> That is not the correct directory.

OK.  I have removed the file:

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\MiKTeX\dvipdfm\config\dvipdfmx.cfg

By the way, I first tried renaming it to dvipdfmx.win, and that
didn't work.

> C:\Users\Herbert Voss>mgs.exe --version

When in C:\WINDOWS\system32 I typed "mgs.exe --version" and got the
reply "9.25", as you did.

> With a new one you need the optional arguments -dNOSAFER and
> -dALLOWPSTRANSPARENCY in the config file which is named under
> Windows as dvipdfmx.win

There is no file dvipdfmx.win anywhere on my system.

So to summarize:

1) I have no directory "C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9".  My
   equivalent seems to be "C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\MiKTeX".

2) I do not know into what directory the configuration file has to
   be placed.

3) I do not have the file dvipdfmx.win.  Is this simply the file
   dvipdfmx.cfg that you sent, but renamed?

Also:

4) I do not know whether I will need to execute texhash and, if so,
   whether a reboot will be required as well.

I apologize if I am missing something obvious.  Thank you for your
patience!

Patrick Wallace
RAL Space                                            +44-1235-531198
STFC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Oxford
Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11 0QX, UK         Patrick.Wallace at stfc.ac.uk

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system. UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise risk of this email or any attachments containing viruses or malware but the recipient should carry out its own virus and malware checks before opening the attachments. UKRI does not accept any liability for any losses or damages which the recipient may sustain due to presence of any viruses. Opinions, conclusions or other information in this message and attachments that are not related directly to UKRI business are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of UKRI.