[pstricks] Question about code128

Walter Both walter at uniware.nl
Wed May 27 13:17:38 CEST 2020

Hello,

I hope it's a small question for you. We have been using pst-barcode for
a long time. The first version we used was a version of 2008. In that
version one could get a CODE128A/B bij putting "^103/^104" in front of
the barcode. The codepoints for Start code A or Start code B.

Later we started using an update of pst-barcode. Since than we have had
problems using that method. For now we get the ascii symbols, "g/h"
when you use "^103/^104" in conjunction with the option "parse".  This
is indeed as mentioned in the documentation.

We have found that you can use "^FNC4"  with the option "parsefnc" or
"^FNC4^FNC4" also as mentioned in the documentation.

But should this deliver CODE128A/B? Or is this not as to go about?
Should we use a different method?