[pstricks] problem with pst-pdf in auto-pst-pdf

Patrice MEGRET Patrice.MEGRET at umons.ac.be
Thu Feb 23 08:19:39 CET 2017

Dear Herbert,

Thanks for your answer but I think there is a misunderstanding.

As far as I understand, with auto-pst-pdf, if compilation is done in Latex, the dvi file contains the classical pspicture and all the text and then by dvips we obtain the ps file and with ps2pdf the final pdf file.
Indeed this compilation calls pst-pdf with option inactive and this option seems to be broken in the new pst-pdf package.

If compilation is done in pdfLatex, then auto-pst-pdf uses pst-pdf to extract all pspicture figures in one dvi file that is processed to finally obtain pdf figures that are inserted  by includegrahics in the final pdf file.

So whatever the compilation engine that is used, the final pdf file is always correct if pure pstricks code is used. (Of course if there is a mix of eps and jpg pictures, then Latex compilation will fail).

Best regards,
Patrice