[pstricks] problem with pst-pdf in auto-pst-pdf

Thu Feb 23 10:37:07 CET 2017

Am 23.02.2017 um 08:19 schrieb Patrice MEGRET:

> As far as I understand, with auto-pst-pdf, if compilation is done in Latex, the dvi file contains the classical pspicture and all the text and then by dvips we obtain the ps file and with ps2pdf the final pdf file.
> Indeed this compilation calls pst-pdf with option inactive and this option seems to be broken in the new pst-pdf package.

Patrice,
auto-pst-pdf uses the switch \ifpdf to test, if it is the run
with latex to create the pictures via pst-pdf or if it is the
final pdflatex run to insert the created pictures as images.

If you are using latex as main program then all this cannot
work and one should use

\usepackage[off]{auto-pst-pdf}