[pstricks] Feature request and suggestion

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 09:09:07 CET 2014

> Le 16/02/2014 13:47, Donut E. Knot a ?crit :
>> Dear folks,
>>
>> I have 3 ideas, probably they are good for us.
>>
>> 1. In this decade computers with good performance become cheaper and
>> cheaper, so I think enabling \SpecialCoor by default will not be an
>> issue. It will not break compatibility as well. What do you think?
>
> ?  It will break compatibility and it will be horrible for me (and some
> other people). Please Herbert, don't change that! :-)
> ?  If you change this behaviour, I have to recode all my files which use
> PostScript expression... and I will be not very happy.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.
\SpecialCoor does not disallow the use of postscript code.
All it does (and please someone correct me if I am wrong) is to also allow for the use of polar coordinates and node names where regular cartesian coordinates are used.
E.g. \psline(0,0)(1;30) to draw a radius of a unit circle at a 30 degree angle; or \psarc(A)(B) for an arc from previously named nodes A to B.

It is completely separate from \psset{algebraic}.

Luis Sequeira