[pstricks] How to make a minimal PDF image

Tue Aug 9 22:44:08 CEST 2011

Am 09.08.2011 19:03, schrieb Nick Ruiz:

> I understand that pspicture doesn't work with pdflatex. As a result, I
> need to generate pdf files for each of my pspictures to include in my
> main pdf document via the \includegraphics command. Could someone tell
> me how I can make each of my pspictures as a separate standalone .tex
> document? What can I put in the preamble to make the generated pdf only
> the size of my pspicture?

you can use XeLaTeX which can include PostScript code.
Another possibility is using package auto-pat-pdf. Then
you can run

pdflatex -shell-escape <file>

and the conversion is done on the fly. See also
http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=pdf/pdfoutput