[pstricks] Which package defines parametricplotThreeD?

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Fri Jul 9 02:57:49 CEST 2010

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155

telephones:
Office    (617)627-3843
Dept.    (617)627-3234
Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/

On Jul 8, 2010, at 17:12, Michael Sharpe wrote:

>  It might be time to upgrade your pstricks packages.
I must admit that I have become rusty about the mechanics of downloading and installing a pstricks update.
I looked at the pstricks homepage, and went to the UK group FAQ, and learned a little about TDS.
But I'm still not clear exactly what I should do to update my pstricks.  Is there some documentation with
step-by-step instructions for a computer idiot like me, who uses gui most of the time and is afraid of the console?
And also, is there a bundled package (I think there used to be) that can download and install most of what I need?
I went and downloaded from CTAN a pstricks file which when it unzipped gave me a folder called "base":
it looks like maybe just the barebones stuff necessary for pstricks, unadorned.  The contents seem to differ a bit
from the list of subdirectories in the texmf file in my user library.

> 2. Use keywords Alpha and Beta to set the viewpoint for objects defined in pst-3Dplot.
Sure, I can do that (and even know how to), but would like to understand in what context the viewpoint setting works.
Or is it now obsolete?