[pstricks] Rotating 3D Plot

Joel J. Adamson adamsonj at email.unc.edu
Fri Mar 5 15:44:11 CET 2010

<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>
Hello,

I am attempting to draw a surface plot with rotated axes, such that the
result will look something like the attached png (produced with
gnuplot), using the function

w(x,y) = 1 + 0.0001*exp((x**2)/2) - 0.001*((t**2)/2)

I have attached a minimally [dys]functional LaTeX example that produces
rotated coordinate axes but it has a few problems:

1. The plot (surface) itself is not rotated; it starts at the (0,0) of
the pspicture space.

2. The plot goes beyond the stated yMax=40 (set with \psset) and the
stated yMax of the \psplotThreeD macro.

Some of this behavior could be caused by \psplotThreeD not picking up
the measurements from \psset.  What can I do to get through to
\psplotThreeD?

I know that I can use gnuplot to produce pstricks output, but (a) I
tried it and TeX ran out of memory (too many colors, I think), and (b) I
have other pstricks figures in the document and I would like it to fit
in with everything else.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson