[pstricks] pst-3dplot twodimensional Normal-density function

Wed Dec 2 14:29:44 CET 2009

Am 02.12.2009 11:53, schrieb Felix Hoffmann:

> 1. Can I get the lines of my painting as niveau-lines, meaning, all the
> points of the same z-value should be on the same line? How can I do it
> with ps-tricks and related packages, or do I need something different?
>
> 2. If I can't do it with ps-tricks, how can I get the parser to draw the
> x and the y lines over the main part of the function, and not only
> either the y lines or the x lines?

use pst-solides3d instead. You can color the image
depending to the z value. Have a look into the doc
or search for z coloring.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pst-solides3d}
\begin{document}

\psset{viewpoint=50 40 30 rtp2xyz,Decran=50}
\psset{lightsrc=viewpoint}
\begin{pspicture}(-6,-7)(7,7)
\psSurface[ngrid=.2 .2,Zmin=0,Zmax=3,
  linewidth=0.5\pslinewidth,
  algebraic](-4,-4)(4,4){Euler^(-(x^2+y^2)/2)*3 }