[pstricks] Vector fields

Michael Sharpe msharpe at ucsd.edu
Sat May 30 01:37:49 CEST 2009

This code does the same thing, but may be easier to understand.

\begin{pspicture}[showgrid=true](-6,-6)(6,6)
\psaxes{<->}(0,0)(-6,-6)(6,6)
\multido{\ia=-5+1}{11}{%
\multido{\ib=-5+1}{11}{%
\rput{(!\ia\space\ib)}(\ia,\ib){\psline(-.4,0)(.4,0)}
}}
\end{pspicture}

To change to your case (field <2x,y>) you would just change the term
{(!\ia\space\ib)} to {(!\ia\space 2 mul \ib)}, the point being that
you are rotating a line segment to take the direction of the field.

Michael