[pstricks] TeX loop structures versus Postscript Loop Structures and Plotting

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri May 1 19:22:10 CEST 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Buddy Ledger wrote:

> I have been working on developing a few plotting routines for writing a
> thesis.  I started out using high level TeX objects only, i.e. repeated
> \psdot or \psline calls using a TeX loop (adapted from The Latex
> Graphics Companion "GetCoordinates" example on page 329).  However, as I
> started to learn a bit about pstricks I started to re-write some of the
> postscript routines as well.

Buddy,

   It looks to me that you have a lot of data analyses and want to use
PSTricks to plot the results. Have you considered using the R system for the
analyses? I believe that you can do the results plotting with PSTricks from
within R. (It's been a few years since I've used R so I cannot be certain.)
This might be the more pragmatic approach.

Rich