[pstricks] [Pgf-users] what can PSTricks do that PGF/TikZ can't? (and vice versa)

Johannes Engel jcnengel at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 17 15:04:30 CEST 2008

Herbert Voss wrote:
> interesting ...
>
> /graphics/pgf/base/doc/generic/pgf/images/pgfmanual-mindmap-1.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/base/doc/generic/pgf/images/pgfmanual-mindmap-2.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/base/doc/generic/pgf/pgfmanual.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/contrib/pgf-soroban/pgf-soroban-doc.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/contrib/pgfplots/doc/context/pgfplots/pgfplotsexample.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/contrib/pgfplots/doc/latex/pgfplots/pgfplots.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/contrib/pgfplots/doc/latex/pgfplots/pgfplotsexample.pdf
> /graphics/pgf/contrib/pgfplots/doc/latex/pgfplots/pgfplotstable.pdf
> /tex-archive/graphics/pgf/contrib/tikz-inet/tikz-inet-doc.pdf
> /tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pgfopts/pgfopts-manual.pdf
> /tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/pgfopts/pgfopts.pdf

I was referring to pgfmanual.pdf as you might have guessed.
If you compare that for example to
graphics/pstricks/base/doc/pst-docfull.pdf whose name suggests something
like a full documentation, and you might under some circumstances
recognize a slight difference.
> totally nonsense

Guessing from your diction you seem to take my mail as a personal
insult. That was neither intended nor can I see a reason for that.
If that causes any trouble to you please feel free to ignore my
participation in this thread.

Cheers, Johannes