[pstricks] [Fwd: pstricks/pst-solides3d question]

Herbert Voss herbert49 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:35:23 CEST 2008

from comp.text.tex
HErbert

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: pstricks/pst-solides3d question
Datum: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 03:15:07 -0400
Von: Aaron Jackson <junk at junk.com>
Newsgruppen: comp.text.tex

I would really like to have a pstricks picture of a truncated octahedron
in my thesis (semiconductor physics) to show points of symmetry in the
first Brillouin zone of an fcc lattice.  I did a google search and the
only thing I could find is the pst-solides3d package, but all the
documentation is in French, which I don't read, and the package only
generates a regular octahedron.  Does anybody have pstricks code to
generate a truncated octahedron? If so would you be willing to share it?
Would anybody know a way to induce pst-solides3d to generate one?
Failing all that, does anybody have any hints/suggestions as to how to
generate such a figure using pstricks?

Thanks.

Aaron

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truncated_octahedron