[pstricks] includegraphics page of pdf, pst-pdf, auto-pst-pdf

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Sat Mar 22 01:56:21 CET 2008

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Alan Ristow schrieb:
>> Herbert Voss wrote:

>>> the \includegraphics is under the control of pst-pdf. You do nit
>>> need the above commands. Try it only with
>>>
>>> \includegraphics{file}
>> Herbert,
>>
>> Part of the issue he presented yesterday was that he wanted to use
>> \includegraphics to include a page from a multi-page PDF, e.g.,
>>
>> \includegraphics[page=1]{file}
>>
>> This works fine with pdflatex but fails with regular latex since "file"
>> is a PDF (though the error message is generated by keyval and complains
>> about "page" being an undefined key).
>>
>> Is pst-pdf supposed to work around this situation automatically? AFAICT
>> it isn't supposed to, so I advised Jan to wrap his \includegraphics
>> statement in \ifpdf ... \fi.
>
> pst-pdf redefines the \includegraphics macro itself
> and ignores in the latex run the pdf images but not
> the eps one. There is no need for \ifpdf ...\else ...\fi

Hmm. Evidently I confused myself somewhere along the way because I swear
I tried that several times yesterday and earlier today and it didn't
work. Now, of course, it works exactly as you say it should. I haven't
updated anything in the meantime, so I guess it's just my own stressed
out brain.

I think it's time to step away from the computer and have a beer....

Alan