[pstricks] Questioning the necessity of pst-eps

Joel Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:33:26 CET 2006

Why does pst-eps exist?  I read the documentation and it didn't seem
to fit my experiences, so I tried the spiral example given.  The
version with pst-eps looks identical to the version without \fbox;
both seem more correct than the version with \fbox.  In each case the
commands run were:
	latex spiral_whatever.tex
	dvips -E spiral_whatever.dvi -o spiral_whatever.ps
	epstool --copy --bbox spiral_whatever.ps spiral_whatever.eps
The invocation of epstool was needed in all cases; only the version
with \fbox had a bounding box in the original PostScript, and it was
incorrectly placed.

So where does pst-eps fit?

--Joel