[pstricks] pst-eps: \color{white} vs. \fbox[linewidth=0pt]{...

hjsalchow at aol.com hjsalchow at aol.com
Wed Oct 11 15:36:10 CEST 2006

nikos.ap at gmail.com schrieb:
> On 10/11/06, hjsalchow at aol.com <hjsalchow at aol.com> wrote:
>> In his book Voss (2005)  explained how to create an encapsulated
>> postscript file from a PSTricks-graphics file. He suggests (see page
>> 245, listing 21.1)
>>
> [...]
>
> To get eps files I use:
> \begin{document}
> \thispagestyle{empty}
> \colorbox{white}{%
>    pstricks code here
> }%
> \end{document}
>
> and then I "dvips -E" and it wokrs, I don't remember where I picked
> this up.
>

>> Reference
>> Herbert Vo\ss{} (2005), PSTricks, 2nd ed., Berlin, ISBN 3-86541-073-1.
>
> BTW, I am considering buying this book but my german are not that
> great.  Is it going to be translated into English?
>
> Nikos
dear Nikos,

no question, that it works. my point was , that it is somewhat inelegant
to draw a white frame. That's all.

To your other question: i am convinced that Vo\ss{} book should be
translated into english. However, I dont know if this is allready work
in progress. You may concider asking the list

hjs