[pstricks] Native speaker needed

Dougherty, Michael michael.dougherty at swosu.edu
Sat Aug 19 16:54:52 CEST 2006

Just one more thought, from a person who teaches "College Algebra" to many freshmen.  When we look at (a,b), we do talk about a being the x-coordinate of the point, and b being the y-coordinate, and thus a and b are "the x- and y-coordinates" of the point.  So in that setting it is not natural to talk of (a,b) being a coordinate, but rather a pair of coordinates, or the point written in xy-coordinates (as opposed to polar coordinates, etc.).  It just goes to show why we should all write mathematics in Chinese instead.  (Just kidding.)

--Mike Dougherty