[pstricks] query re prosper from enterline

Andrew Enterline ajenter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 23:50:14 CEST 2006

all,

i'm hoping that querying about prosper is okay on the list, given that
prosper relies on pstricks.  i am currently using prosper on a
WinEdt/MikTeX/XP setup and it works well.  but, i'm having difficulty with
what will probably strike most everyone as trivial: getting different
default transitions between slides (e.g, wipe, glitter, dissolve) to work.
i suspect that i'm in search of the answer, not because my professional
career depends upon it, but rather because i just want to know.  sample
syntax for a 3-slide prosper slide show is pasted below, followed by the
command prompt syntax that i'm currently using to compile my prosper file
into a pdf.  if anyone has any suggestions (and it might be as simple as
telling me to do something different with Acrobat), i am grateful.  further,
if you can get the dissolve feature to work, please flip me the ``working''
pdf, which you can do privately if doing so to the list clogs things up.

thanks a million,
andrew

sample prosper file:

\documentclass[%
pdf,
%nocolorBG,
colorBG, slideColor,
%slideBW,
%draft,
%frames
serpaggi
%azure
%contemporain
%nuancegris
%troispoints
%lignesbleues
%darkblue
%alienglow
%autumn
]{prosper}

\title{Title}
\subtitle{Subtitle}
\author{Somebody}
\email{email at somewhere.edu} \institution{Department of Some Field \\
        University of Somewhere\\
        City, State  Zip\\
        \today
}

\DefaultTransition{Dissolve}

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\begin{slide}{The Title of the Slide 1}
\begin{itemize}
\item Item 1
\item Item 2
\item Item 3
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}

\begin{slide}{The Title of the Slide 2}
\begin{itemize}
\item Item 1
\item Item 2
\item Item 3
\end{itemize}
\end{slide}

\end{document}

compiling commands:

latex sample.tex

dvips -Ppdf -G0 -t a4 file.dvi -o file.ps

ps2pdf sample.ps