[pstricks] pst-vue3D: two examples

Christian Sgraja christian.sgraja at uni-ulm.de
Mon Jan 9 18:07:09 CET 2006

Hi,
a couple of weeks ago, Herbert and Rolf kindly helped me with
some comments on 3D-plotting with PSTricks.
Moreover, Rolf asked whether I would want to post the final
result of my efforts to this group.

Referring to his request, below you find some links to two
3D-surfaces which may serve as examples for postscript tricks
with the package "pst-vue3D":

http://it.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/~sgraja/include/pstricks/horn.tex
http://it.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/~sgraja/include/pstricks/horn.pdf

http://it.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/~sgraja/include/pstricks/simplex.tex
http://it.e-technik.uni-ulm.de/~sgraja/include/pstricks/simplex.pdf

If you want to add them to the "Examples"-library on pstricks.de,
please feel free to do so.

Some remarks:

The first example (horn.tex) uses the "fp" package for floating
point calculations in rendering the surface.

The second example (simplex.tex) is fully based on postscript,
which means that the surface is computed online using plain
postscript code.  It is further parameterized, so that its shape
may be easily altered by change of four defining variables;
...have fun in playing with them ;-)

I have to admit that the code is not very well documented (in fact,
not at all, didn't have time yet), so if there are questions,
comments, or suggestions, don't hesitate...

Regards,
Christian.