[pstricks] Nested \multido{}

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 6 17:42:34 CEST 2005

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Herbert Voss wrote:

> because you changed the code ... ;-) Remember that an empty line is the end
> of a paragraph. But you put comments %% in my empty lines, so we have no
> paragraphs anymore ...

Herbert,

   I am suitably embarrassed. I've done so much of my writing in LyX that I
forget the rules of plain LaTeX. Sigh. It's easy to get lazy when pressing
ctrl-t shows the PostScript output directly. I've learned my lesson.

> And second, a minipage of width 2ex makes absolutely no sense here, because
> your list of o's is about half the textwidth.

   I had changed that to the more reasonable 50mm in the LyX file, but forgot
to do so for the .tex file.

> \begin{minipage}[t]{0.5\textwidth}

   I was using a direct measurement and it was too narrow. That's why the
ovals spilled onto the second page.

   Wow! I've certainly learned a lot through this exercise. And a major part
of my new-found knowledge is that regular LaTeX is easier and better than
working in a LyX ERT box for short, specialized documents.

   I am on my way to finishing this form, with understanding of how to get it
the way I want.

Many thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"