[pstricks] Nested \multido{}

Herbert Voss LaTeX at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 6 16:29:06 CEST 2005

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   Something must be broken here. Trying the expanded 'o' approach, I
> took the
> page and margin dimensions from the former file and copied them into the
> file
> you sent. Ran 'latex test-form.tex,' 'dvips test-form.dvi,' and 'ps2pdf
> test-form.ps' to produce the attached. The .tex file is below.
>
>   I want to understand why the code works for you while producing something
> quite different for me.

because you changed the code ... ;-) Remember that an empty line
is the end of a paragraph. But you put comments %% in my
empty lines, so we have no paragraphs anymore ...

And second, a minipage of width 2ex makes absolutely no sense
here, because your list of o's is about half the textwidth.

\begin{minipage}[t]{0.5\textwidth}
    \makebox[\nC\omrx]{PREFER FIRST}\par
    %% Put headings on columns

\hspace*{1.2\omrx}\multido{\nColumn=1+1}{\nC}{\makebox[\omrx]{\nColumn}}\par
    %% Make nR rows of 9 ovals for answers
    \multido{\nRow=1+1}{\nR}{%
      \makebox[\omrx]{\nRow}
      \multido{}{9}{\makebox[7mm]{\OLeft}}\\[2mm]}
\end{minipage}

my pdf is here http://perce.de/temp/rich.pdf