[pstricks] Nested \multido{}

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 6 03:21:44 CEST 2005

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Herbert Voss wrote:

> \multido{}{9}{\makebox[7mm]{\psovalbox[linecolor=blue]{\rule{0.35em}{0pt}}}}\\[2mm]}

Herbert,

   This line is not working as intended.

   With the [2mm] at the end, the whole minibox ends up on page 2; page 1 has
only the header in the full width box at the top.

   When I remove the spacing ([2mm]), which turns out to be superfluous, The
row numbers and row of ovals are on alternate lines and with no space to the
left; that is, analagous to this:

        1    2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
    1
   [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  etc.
    2
   [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  [ ]  etc.

   When I remove the linebreak (\\) at the end, line number '1' is printed to
the left on a line by itself, the rows of ovals start at the left margin and
have the line numbers at their right end.

   It seems like such clear syntax, with everything from {\makebox... to the
end of the line as the "stuff" for multido, I cannot figure out why it's not
working.

   Once I understand this, and how to fix it, I need to make a parallel
minibox on the right side of the page that will share line numbers with the
left box, but have different column headers.

   There's a complexity that crept in here and caught me by surprise. I just
cannot see my mistake.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President      | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)  | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"