[pstricks] bardiag - plotting negative bars

Henning Haida losmintos at midnightallstars.de
Tue Jul 5 12:51:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

 Alan Ristow wrotes, Tuesday, June 14, 2005 2:40 AM
> Herbert Voss wrote:
> > Henning Haida wrote:
> >
> >> I would like to plot negative bars in a bardiagram using
> bardiag. Is
> >> that possible? Please see (the not so minimal) example below.
> >

> > there is also a pst-bar
> >
> > http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-bar/
>
> Sorry for the late reply -- pst-bar should indeed be able to
> plot negative bars

I read pst-bar documentation (written Sept 15 2004) and Herbert Voß' book,
but I'm confused about grids, axes, units and that stuff. That's why I stop
here and try to solve my task otherwise (and I hope it will still be 'good
looking' side by side with other LaTaX stuff ...)

> functionality. Anybody else who has suggestions or feature
> requests please let me know in the next four weeks or so. I
> am particularly interested to hear from anybody who would
> like to use pst-bar, but doesn't because it is lacking x, y, or z.

For me all pstricks documentations are very hard to read. I can understand a
lot of LaTeX-documentations and I'm able to use some LaTeX-packages. But
this pstricks-things are hard to understand for me. So from my point of view
"better" documentation (from a user's piont of view) would be nice.

I'm not sure, but I guess the example code from pst-bar documentation is not
running, if it is written in an extra file and then included by \input{file}
into a biggen LaTeX-project.

If one is plotting a set of data, each set has to have the same number of
entries. Sometimes that is not the case.

It would be nice, if it will be more easy to plot different bars in
black/white mode.

Best Regards and thanks for your hints.

Henning