[pstricks] bardiag - plotting negative bars

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 14 02:39:55 CEST 2005

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Henning Haida wrote:
>
>> I would like to plot negative bars in a bardiagram using bardiag. Is that
>> possible? Please see (the not so minimal) example below.
>

> there is also a pst-bar
>
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/contrib/pst-bar/

Sorry for the late reply -- pst-bar should indeed be able to plot
negative bars, though I am not familiar enough with bardiag to be able
to translate Henning's code directly. If the bars are to be labeled,
\psbarlabelsep will have to be set to a large value in order to keep the
labels from overlapping the bars.

Also, I am expecting to revise pst-bar this summer to add some features
requested by users and improve some of the functionality. Anybody else
who has suggestions or feature requests please let me know in the next
four weeks or so. I am particularly interested to hear from anybody who
would like to use pst-bar, but doesn't because it is lacking x, y, or z.

Alan