[pstricks] Bug in "double=true"?

Hendri Adriaens Hendri at uvt.nl
Fri Feb 25 11:15:07 CET 2005

> Before posting, I have made numerous tests (looking for the
> minimal example, trying it with and without pstricks-add, trying
> it with different version of pstricks 0.9x -> 1.04 and 1.05, all
> equal things in my system). That example worked until version
> 1.04 and not with version 1.05.

I didn't know that. Without this info and with
unreproducibility (I tested it of course as well,
but completely missed that fact that you were using
a beta version, just as the others who posted an
answer btw) and the knowledge of the problems that I
solved for your custom format before made me wonder
whether this wasn't again a problem of your format.
Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

> After the responses on the list, I have searched throught v. 1.05
> the responsible spurious blank. I found it and writed to Herbert;
> the version 1.06 is on line.

Good, but why did you use a beta version in the first place?
1.05 is not on ctan. If you want to build a new format/system
which should run for at least an equal amount of time as the
old one did until now, starting with beta versions is a risky
strategy.

Anyway, I'm still thinking about how to make xkeyval robust
for the kind of things you want (with eg miniltx) so that a new
update won't be problematic for you and I suggest to continue
this and the above discussion off-list.

-Hendri.