[pstricks] Bug in "double=true"?

Etienne Riga etienne.riga at skynet.be
Fri Feb 25 10:36:36 CET 2005

Hendri,

>> don't work as expected: the two frames are not superposed.
With
>> "doubleline=false" or without doubleline, it is ok.
>
> Maybe you want to tell us the whole story?
> Namely that you are running a custom system.
> It has been shown that your custom format
> has some problems, so it might be a good idea
> to check your own system on these things first,

My system is exotic (I did not succumb to the Latex dictatorship
and his ayatollahs), but it works (since 1986 and since 1994 with
PSTricks).

Before posting, I have made numerous tests (looking for the
minimal example, trying it with and without pstricks-add, trying
it with different version of pstricks 0.9x -> 1.04 and 1.05, all
equal things in my system). That example worked until version
1.04 and not with version 1.05.

> especially because it would be very unlikely
> that basic pstricks options stop working all
> of a sudden.

At the change of version, this is frequent.

> This is very important information to keep the
> people here from diving into their system to
> try to reproduce something that is not repro-
> ducible.

That was reproducible (the number of version was important) and
nobody was obliged to test this example.

> This is not to be unfriendly, but it
> just doesn't work this way. Conversely, you
> won't get proper help either without telling
> the whole story as we can't help you.

After the responses on the list, I have searched throught v. 1.05
the responsible spurious blank. I found it and writed to Herbert;
the version 1.06 is on line.

Étienne