[pstricks] Transparent Solid-Colored Box Using pstricks

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Sat Nov 20 19:33:35 CET 2004

rossi at york.cuny.edu wrote:

> I would like to be able to use pstricks to draw a transparent solid-colored box
> which also has writing in the box.
>
> Here's the scenario:
>
> 1) I have successfully constructed a graph using pstricks.
>
> 2) Now I want to superimpose on this graph (or overlay on this graph) a
> solid-colored box containing writing.  But, I want this box to be transparent
> so it doesn't cover up the graph underneath.  So the fill color and the writing
> must be transparent.
>
> How can I do this?

PS doesn't know transparent colors. There are two ways:

a) simulating transparency
    ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/doc/voss/bsp44.pdf
    ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/graphics/pstricks/doc/voss/bsp44.tex

    you have to zoom the pdf, to see the effect, which looks very
    well in printed books

b) take the other way round, first the textbox and then draw
    the graph

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes