[pstricks] pstricks-add breaks latex-beamer?

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
Mon Nov 15 17:34:56 CET 2004

Matthias Thomae wrote:

> I'm also using pstricks-add, until recently version 2.09. Now, after
> upgrading to 2.25 (also tried 2.15), the beamer presentation looks
> 'broken', i.e. the headline is split into 2 parts, and the navigation
> bar is somehow stretched horizontically. I'm using ps2pdf, but already
> the ps file is 'broken'.
>
> This is reproducable with the standard beamer example that comes with
> the (debian) beamer package:
>
> /usr/share/doc/latex-beamer/examples/beamerexample1.tex.gz
>
> just by inserting:
>
> \usepackage{pstricks,pst-all,pstricks-add}
>
> I attached the modified example. Any clues?

I suppose a problem with xkeyval --> Hendri, please have a look!
which is used by pstricks-add. But I don't know really
why it causes a problem with an undefines dimen.

This should work

\documentclass[notes]{beamer}
\usepackage{pstricks,pst-all,pstricks-add}
\makeatletter
\newdimen\beamer at colbox@colseps
\beamer at colbox@colseps=0pt
\makeatother
[ ... ]

btw: \usepackage{pst-all,pstricks-add} is enough, but _not_ using
pst-all is better for bug fixing.

http://TeXnik.de/
http://PSTricks.de/
ftp://ftp.dante.de/tex-archive/info/math/voss/Voss-Mathmode.pdf
http://www.dante.de/faq/de-tex-faq/
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes