[pstricks] Transformation into bar chart

Alan Ristow ristow at ece.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 1 16:23:10 CEST 2004

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:15:34 +0200, Matthias Steinbrink
<M.Steinbrink at gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi Alan,
>
>thanks for your answer. I would very much appreciate if you could let me
>have a look at your code.

Okay, I have uploaded the necessary files, plus an example and the .ps
output from the example, to

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt6627a/pst-bar.zip

Place the files in the usual places. The pst-bar.pro file, if you are
uncertain, should go in your local tree under dvips/pstricks.

As I said before, I have no documentation prepared just yet. However, I
have illustrated the basic usage details in the file test.tex, including
a note about predefined bar styles. I have also illustrated the creation
of custom bar styles and scaling of the data from the file.

I would love to get feedback from anybody who tries the package. One
note to anybody who takes a close look at the code: I realize that some
of the Postscript code is redundant; I will be taking a closer look at
that once I feel the package code has somewhat stabilized, but for now
it is redundant on purpose. That said, this is the first package
intended for public consumption that I have ever authored, so I am eager
for pointers on anything I might have done wrong.

Regards,

Alan